1. Prepare the rice To prepare the rice, sauté the onion and cilantro by adding enough oil (preferably) to cover the bottom of the pot where you want to prepare
2. Then add the rice, sauté for 5 more minutes and add the water to the point where the rice is completely covered. Finally, add enough salt to salt the rice, cover the pot and let it cook until the water has evaporated and the rice is soft and loose
3. Place the cooked rice in the pyrex container and proceed with the preparation of the rice sauce or filling.
4. For the filling or sauce
5. Chop hearts of palm and ham in pieces of the desired size. Then, place in a pot the contents of the box of sweet cream, milk, salt and pepper (Optional: You can add oregano to give more flavor), followed by hearts of palm and ham and start cooking. In a separate pan, fry the mushrooms for about 10 minutes and add them to the previous mixture along with the sweet corn. Stir and cook for about 5 min
6. Place the filling on the rice and combine well until all the rice is moist. If the filling looks very liquid, you can add a spoonful of flour and stir to avoid lumps, until you get the desired consistency
7. Finally spread the cheese over the rice and cook in the oven for 10 minutes until it is melted and it starts to brown.